- Incredibly few mushrooms around. People that know something about them say that a prolific year is followed by a poor one: ever heard about that? Anyway you don’t get wrong if you trust the old popular knowledge. I think it is the first time I didn’t spotted even a single Amanita muscaria, but I’m happy to have eaten at least a few chanterelles.
- This must be the year of the snail: I saw lots of snails and shells in every place I visited. Apparently they’re not only in the mountains: they’ve been happily eating plants on a few family and friends balconies and I saw the cauliflowers of the urban vegetable gardens in Paris all eaten up :) Some snails expert between you that can bring some explanations?
- Curious to see as lactose-free cheeses and vegetal milks are now everywhere, even in places where milk is one of the most common traditional foods as in the mountain regions of Austria. Even gluten-free products and rice cakes are available in even the tiniest village supermarket.
- Ants are impossible to photograph! All the close-up pictures I attempted are blurred as they move too fast! Any tips? I also still wonder if they do sleep at night…
- It always amazes me to see how many things are going on at the same time on just a few inches of grass.
Padola / Danta